LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Dozens of people were evacuated while fire crews worked to clear the scene after a carbon monoxide scare in Dilworth.

Just before midnight Wednesday, the Charlotte Fire Department responded to the YWCA on Park Road in Dilworth.

Families staying at the YWCA, along with numerous homes nearby were evacuated while the fire department cleared the scene.

Authorities say a boiler used to heat the pool at the facility overheated, causing the area to fill with carbon monoxide and smoke.

Several people were treated on scene for smoke inhalation.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/local/2014/07/04/11131390/