Share This Story!
Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about
A link has been posted to your Facebook feed.
12 free things for kids to do during Spring Break
Most Charlotte area schools are on Spring Break this week, and will start back on Monday, April 21. Here are a few FREE things to do with them to keep them busy and happy. Make sure to follow each link to get the necessary details on times and locations.
- Easter activities at Bass Pro Shops: Easter Bunny visits, Easter Egg Hunts, crafts.
- Bechtler Museum: Kids get into Bechtler for free during Spring Break, through Friday. They also get 10% at museum store. Accompanying adults get $2 off admission. Museum is closed Tuesdays.
- Carolina Raptor Center s 30th Anniversary: Wednesday, free admission to Carolina Raptor Center, in Latta Plantation Nature Preserve. Explore the trails, enjoy special presentations and eat some birthday cake.
- Easter Party at Romare Bearden Park:On Friday, enjoy an egg hunt, and also performances from jugglers, hula-hoopers and an illusionist in Charlotte s newest park.
- Other Easter Egg Hunts:Many free Easter Egg Hunts and bunny visits are taking place this week. Follow the above link to see the day-by-day guide.
- Carolina Raptor Center visits ImaginOn:If you can t make it to the Raptor s Center anniversary party Wednesday, the Raptor Center will bring some birds to ImaginOn Saturday.
- Hiking 101:Get outside Saturday and learn how to choose and prepare for a hike. Reedy Creek Nature Center.
- Turtles, Tortoises and Terrapins:Another great program at Reedy Creek Nature Center, this one on Sunday.
- Free admission to Levine Museum of the New South: This Sunday and every Sunday, the Levine Museum is free for groups of fewer than 10 people. Park in 7th Street Station and bring your parking ticket for validation.
- Free ukulele lesson: At Guitar Center Center. If you or your child doesn t have a ukulele you can probably use one from the store.
- Free Cookie: On Tuesday, Tax Day, get a free cookie from Great American Cookies.
- Fort building: Build a fort in the woods at McDowell Nature Preserve Saturday.
Read or Share this story: http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/local/2014/07/04/11120778/