CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The biological mother of missing teen Erica Parsons has left North Carolina and is now back in Louisiana.

Carolyn Parsons spent several weeks in Rowan County after her daughter was reported missing, attending vigils and talking to investigators and the media.

One of her last efforts was trying to organize a protest for answers at the Rowan County Sheriff's Office. That fell through because Parsons did not get the required permit.

Instead, that effort turned into a day-long social media effort Monday with roughly 150 people posting pictures, messages and prayers on Facebook.

I want to say thank you to them, thank you for all the support for Erica and for me, Parsons said during a phone interview.

Organizers Day, the social media effort, is out of frustration and to make sure the search doesn't end up a cold case, which is one of Carolyn Parsons' fears.

I just feel like there's a lot that's not being done, a lot that's not being looked at, but that's my opinion, she said.

We asked her to share what if anything she knows and what her gut tells her about Erica, including where she is, what happened to her and if she thinks her daughter is alive or dead.

Not at liberty to answer that right now. I'm not going to say one way or the other, she said.

Investigators say they understand the emotions people have regarding the search for Erica because it s something they go through too.

They have people working on the case day and night and have gotten more than 500 calls about Erica since her older brother reported her missing.

Parsons family attorney, Carlyle Sherrill, says it's been a while since Erica's adoptive parents, Casey and Sandy Parsons, talked to investigators and there are no new rounds of interviews planned that he's aware of.

Nobody has been arrested or charged in Erica's disappearance.

Erica's adoptive parents Casey and Sandy are due in court later this week to try to get their two youngest kids back.

DSS removed the kids from the home after Erica was reported missing July 30th.

Erica hadn't been seen at the family home for nearly two years by the time her older brother reported her missing.

Read or Share this story: