Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions
LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Fire officials say a blaze at a Charlotte home started in the chimney.

Just before noon on Sunday, Charlotte Fire crews responded to a home in the 9600 block of Harness Lane.

Fire crews fought the flames for about half an hour, before knocking it down and bringing it under control.

One person was home at the time of the fire. The Red Cross is working to assist all three residents who were displaced.

Officials say the fire started in the chimney of wood-burning fire place.

The home suffered major damage.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/local/2014/07/02/10972476/