LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Medics took nine people to the hospital after a chlorine leak at a Charlotte business.

It happened around 2:20 p.m. Friday at Gilbert Iron & Steel in the 2800 block of North Tryon.

The fire department says employees were opening up a containter when some chlorine spilled.

The injuries are all said to be non-life-threatening.

The business was evacuated but employees were let back inside around 3:20 p.m.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/local/2014/07/02/11013370/