IREDELL, N.C. -- An operation deputies are calling "Double Deuce" netted 18 suspects in Iredell and Alexander counties.
Operation Double Deuce was a joint task force effort between two the Iredell County Sheriff's Office, Alexander County Sheriff's Office, Taylorsville Police Department, North Carolina Probation and Parole and the U.S. Marshal Service.
Police say it was conducted to check in on registered sex offenders.
The investigation took happened last Wednesday and Thursday. The task force checked dozens of registered offenders. Eighteen of them were arrested for multiple charges.
- 84 offenders were verified
- 15 weapons were seized: 6 rifles, 4 shotguns, 4 rifles, 1 sawed off shotgun, several hundred rounds of ammunition
- 18 Arrests were made
- 9 Offenders will have charges pending.
- 70 pornographic VHS tapes were seized
- 17 pornographic DVD's were seized
- 2 computers seized
- 1 Cellular telephone seized
- Various amounts of cocaine, marijuana and paraphernalia seized
The names of those arrested in Alexander County have not yet been released. Iredell County arrests are as follows:
- Paul Colborne: Federal Arrest Warrant from the BATF.
- William Cody Ridenhour: Possession of Cocaine, Possession of Marijuana, Maintain a Place for Controlled Substance, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Outstanding Warrant From Caldwell County for Non Pay of Child Support.
- Tony Lee Baynard: Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
- Craig Lavon Wilson: Outstanding Child Support Warrant.
- Juwan Anthony Hester: Failure to Register as a Sex Offender.
- Victoria Lee Ivester: (Not a Sex Offender) Possession of Cocaine, Possession of Marijuana, Maintain a Place for Controlled Substance.