LANCASTER COUNTY, S.C. -- Authorities are investigating a string of odd break-ins that have taken place around the county over the last two weeks.
The Lancaster County Sheriff's Office says each of the 10 churches was entered by an unknown person or subjects, but in some instances, no items were stolen. In all but two cases, the Sheriff's Office says, no items of significant value were taken.
In other instances, the Sheriff's Office says unusual items were taken such as motor oil, a burner off the stove, food, and a water hose.
In some cases, officials say some damage was done when the suspect gained entry into the building.
The Sheriff's Office says they've increased patrols in the areas of the churches, and they ask anyone with information to come forward.
- Camp Creek AME Zion Church 4022 Demount Rd.
- Rocky Branch Baptist Church 8407 Taxahaw Rd.
- Faith Baptist Church 4695 JB Denton Rd.
- Camp Creek United Methodist 4721 Great Falls Hwy
- Bethel Baptist Church 2893 Bethel Rd.
- Gold Hill AME Zion Church 9239 Van Wyck Rd.
- Madeonia Missionary Baptist Church 8805 Van Wyck Rd.
- St. Paul AME Zion Church 5841 Taxahaw Rd.
- Beaver Creek Presbyterian Church 1928 Kershaw Country Club Rd.
- Old Waxhaw Presbyterian Church 2814 Old Hickory Rd.