Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions
LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

GASTONIA, N.C. -- A malfunctioning clothes dryer led to an apartment fire in Gastonia Monday.

Fire crews in Gastonia were called out to an apartment fire on Jondon Lane Monday morning.

A neighbor saw smoke coming from the unit and called 911.

Twenty firefighters battled the blaze that began in a malfunctioning clothes dryer.

No one was home at the time of the fire, and no injuries were reported.

The damage to the home is estimated to be about $25,000.

The Red Cross is assisting the displaced occupants of the apartment.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/local/2014/07/04/11129582/