13 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- On Friday, the Charlotte Fire Department was called to the Humane Society of Charlotte-- not just to take the cutest picture, ever, but to investigate reports of smoke.

According to the Humane Society of Charlotte's Facebook page, the Charlotte Fire Department determined the smoke was coming from a fan in the HVAC unit the the Humane Society's boiler room.

Good news: No sweet puppies were injured in the incident, or in the making of the adorable photo.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/local/2014/07/27/reports-of-smoke-brings-cfd-to-animal-shelter/13241405/