CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Taste of Charlotte is in uptown this weekend, and with all the finger-licking-good grub and thirst-quenching brews comes a few headaches for motorists.
Roads closed beginning Thursday at 9 a.m.:
- Trade Street between Church Street and College Street
- Tryon Street Between Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard and Sixth Street
Roads closed beginning at 6:30 p.m. Thursday:
- Third, Fourth and Fifth Streets between College Street and Church Street
- *Third, Fourth and Fifth Street will reopen Friday from 6:30 to 9 a.m., and then will close again.
All streets will reopen on Sunday at 10 p.m.
Motorists are encouraged to:
- Allow for additional commute time
- During weekday work hours, uptown workers should arrive early and leave early, if possible
- Commuters should utilize the I-277 Loop/Exit closest to their location
If you plan to attend Taste of Charlotte, the city recommends you make use of the CATS buses and the Lynx Blue Line Light Rail.