Propane equipment led to haz-mat incident at Kmart

Propane equipment led to haz-mat incident at Kmart

Print
Email
|

by WCNC.com Staff

WCNC.com

Posted on March 11, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Updated Monday, Mar 11 at 5:01 PM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Charlotte Fire Department was called to a haze-mat situation at a Kmart in northwest Charlotte on Monday.

Several firefighters were called to the Kmart off of Freedom Drive around 1:30 p.m. about a haz-mat situation at the store, after a strange odor was reported.

Officials say contractors were using propane equipment that caused a build-up of carbon monoxide.

The store was evacuated, and no injuries were reported.

The store reopened Monday afternoon. 

Print
Email
|