CO blamed in boy's death

Investigators saying leaky generator being used in wake of Hurricane Matthew filled Daytona Beach home with fumes.

(WESH) -- A 9-year-old boy has died after he was overcome by carbon monoxide in a Daytona Beach, Florida home.

The boy's family was using a generator in their home, where the power is still out in the wake of Hurricane Matthew.

A neighbor called 911 Monday morning after the child's mother, almost incoherent, ran to her home to ask for help.

The boy's father remains in a coma.

Read more:

Copyright 2016 WESH


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment