CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A few thunderstorms developed in the higher terrain Friday. These will persist into the evening. Isolated t-storms are possible out across the Piedmont/Charlotte area late Friday afternoon and evening, but rain chances down here are only around 20-30%. Temperatures will top out in the upper 80s before falling back through the 70s Friday evening.
An area of low pressure is drifting toward us from the west. As it gets closer, rain chances increase starting overnight into Saturday. Rain chances will increase from west to east across our area (60% Mountains, 40% Piedmont, 20% Sandhills). Lows will drop back into the muggy low 60s.
We’ll keep a 40% chance of showers and t-storms before noon on Saturday. As the low moves closer, rain chances increase to 60% Saturday afternoon and evening (impacts likely at the All-Star Race). High temperatures will have a harder time climbing due to clouds and rain. We’ll likely top out closer to 80°.
Rain chances may drop a little with the loss of heating Saturday night, but we’ll still see scattered showers and storms overnight. We’ll scale it back to 40%. The low (or remains of the low) will continue to keep rain/storm chances elevated on Sunday at 50%. Sunday’s highs will likely stay in the humid upper 70s.
Shower and thunderstorm chances remain up around 50% Monday and drop back to 30% on Tuesday. Highs will respond accordingly. With a little less activity around, we’ll see highs back in the low 80s on Monday and mid-80s on Tuesday.