Coconut Avocado Key Lime Pie
Avocado and coconut create a rich, creamy base for this delectable no bake key lime pie, without tasting like avocado! The coconut cream topping keeps the dish dairy free.
Active Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 60 mins
Pie Crust Ingredients:
1 cup dates, pitted
1 cup pecans
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until combined.
- Grease a circular cake springform pan lightly with coconut oil and press the mixture on to the bottom and halfway up the sides of the pan; it does not need to be even.
- Place in the fridge to set.
3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
1/2 cup coconut cream
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon lime zest
3 drops lime essential oil (optional)
1/4 cup Grade B maple syrup
2-3 teaspoons liquid monk fruit extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness, adjust as needed.
- Pour into chilled pie crust, and place back in the fridge to set for at least two hours.
1/2 can coconut cream, chilled
1 teaspoon liquid monk fruit
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the topping, scoop the clumped coconut cream from the can, leave behind the clear liquid.
- Whip with the sweetener and vanilla until soft peaks form
- Serve topped on slices of pie.