CHEF ASHLEY MCGEE
(Yield: 4 entrée servings)
1.5 pounds Chicken breasts, trimmed, cut in thirds and pounded ¼ inch thick
8 ounces Mushrooms and sliced ¼ inch thick
2 each Shallots, finely minced
5 cloves Garlic, finely minced
6 ounces Marsala wine
20 ounces Chicken stock
6 ounces Heavy cream
2 tablespoons Chives, finely sliced
2 tablespoons Parsley, finely minced
As Needed Flour, for dredging chicken
As Needed Olive oil, for searing chicken
As Needed Kosher salt
As Needed Ground black pepper
Method of Preparation:
- Gather all the ingredients and equipment. Cut the chicken, separate breasts into thirds cover with plastic wrap and pound until pieces are an even ¼-inch thick, place into a hotel pan held on ice.
- Season and dredge pieces of chicken
- Heat a 12-inch sauté pan. Add a thin layer of olive oil to pan.
- Sear the chicken on both sides until golden brown and remove from the pan.
- Add in a single layer of mushrooms and sauté for one minute. Add shallots and garlic to the pan and sauté until aroma, about 20 – 30 seconds. Be careful not to burn.
- Deglaze, off the fire, with Marsala wine.
- Reduce the Marsala until almost dry to concentrate the flavor.
- Add in the chicken stock and cream.
- Add chicken breast back to the pan to finish cooking chicken and reduce the sauce.
- Reduce sauce to nappé, which means it is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- Finish sauce by adding a sprinkle of chives and parsley.
- Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning with kosher salt and black pepper, to your liking.
- Serve immediately.
This dish is great over pasta, served with a green salad and a crisp white wine.