Goat Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms with a Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
4oz Goat cheese (softened)
¼ cup cooked bacon chopped into bits
½ tsp truffle oil
1 tbsp chopped green onion
½ garlic powder
½ lb. button or cremini mushrooms, stems removed
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in the bacon, onion and garlic powder.
- Spoon into mushroom caps.
- Place on an ungreased broiler pan.
- Broil 4-6 inches from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish plate with cilantro sauce, then serve mushrooms warm atop sauce.
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 3 mins
3 red peppers cut in half and seeds/stems removed
1 red onion quartered
4 large cloves garlic
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 14 ounce can | 400 grams can crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Salt and Pepper TT
- Heat your oven to 425°F/220°C. Lay your red peppers, onion and garlic on a large baking sheet. Lightly brush the vegetables with oil and roast for 25 minutes. The red pepper will begin to char slightly.
- Let the peppers cool about 10-15 minutes so that they are easier to handle. Once cooled, peel the skin off the peppers. After roasting this should be fairly easy. Discard the skin.
- Add the roast peppers, onion and garlic to a blender or food processor along with the crushed tomatoes, nutritional yeast, vinegar, salt and pepper. Process/blend until mostly smooth or until you reach your desired consistency. Taste and season with a little more salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve sauce as needed.