CHARLOTTE, N.C. — It's not yet Halloween, but dating can be a scary experience. That's why we've brought back Jennifer Hurvitz, our friend and relationship expert, to discuss one of the latest dating trends this season - GOBLINTIMACY..
This term derives from the title 'Goblin Mode,' which was honored as Oxford Dictionary's 'Word Of The Year' in 2022. It means to be unapologetic about self-indulgence and to reject societal norms and expectations.
● So…Goblintimacy is about showing up as an authentic version of you – flaws and all.
● Goblintimacy is about helping us embrace the good, bad, and the goblin within us all.
● This is a fantastic thing, especially if you are trying to be more yourself during dating
● Be more relatable
● Promotes self-expression and self-love DO YOU BOO!
● Getting over the idea that the date must be perfect.
● Getting over the idea that YOU must be perfect.
● Showing up as your true, authentic self, and if they don't like it, they are not your person, and that's ok.
● This phenomenon is about expressing and accepting yourself for who you are.
● You don't get a pass for mistreating your partner or being selfish or lazy.
● You must still show interest and attention to the date and the person.
Charlotte Today is a local lifestyle and entertainment show where you'll learn everything about the Queen City with hosts Mia Atkins and Eugene Robinson on WCNC Charlotte live weekdays at 11 a.m.
From what's trending to local restaurants, events and entertainment, you'll find it all on this show.
Charlotte Today also features sponsored content by local and national businesses. Are you a business interested in advertising with us? Go to WCNC.com/advertise or call now (214) 977-6001
If you have a question for the Charlotte Today team, feel free to email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to follow Charlotte Today on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Get to know hosts Mia and Eugene by reading their bio pages and following them on social media.