Latin Flank Steak w/ Roasted Tomato Butter
2- 6oz. Flank Steak
2c. Fingerling Potatoes, quartered
1 bunch Green Asparagus
2 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme, chopped
6 ea. Plum Tomatoes, halved and roasted
1 ea. Yellow Onion, diced
2 c. White Wine
½ lb. Butter, diced
Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill, and oven to 400°.
- Put steak in a small bowl, season steak with paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, and drizzle with oil. Rub steak evenly, and place to the side.
- Toss quartered potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh thyme. Place on a baking sheet and roast in oven until golden brown.
- Take medium sauce pan, heat over med-high. Sauté onion for 2 minutes, or until starts to brown. Toss in roasted tomatoes, and then deglaze with white wine. Simmer for 3-5 minutes, then take off of heat and blend mixture in blender. While blending take dice butter and slowly toss in sauce until melted and mixed all the way through. Season, and set to the side.
- Take flank steak and grill to desired doneness, suggested med-rare to medium. At the same time grill asparagus seasoned with salt, pepper.