Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
Makes: 6 servings (12 cookies)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 cup finely ground almond flour
½ cup (95 g) Sola Sweetener
½ cup smooth, unsweetened peanut butter
½ stick (55g) unsalted butter, softened
1 egg white
2 envelopes powdered gelatin (4 ½ teaspoons)
2 tablespoon whole milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup peanuts, chopped
To finish the sandwiches
1 pint Sola Salted Caramel ice cream (or other flavor; Strawberry Swirl, Vanilla, or Peanut Butter Chocolate would all taste amazing)
¼ cup peanuts, chopped
(2 ounces) (g) sugar-free chocolate chips (we use Lily’s brand)
1. Preheat the oven to 325F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Make the cookies: place all cookie ingredients (except for the chopped peanuts) in a large mixing bowl. Using an electric whisk or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the ingredients until fully incorporated into a soft dough.
3. Using a tablespoon, scoop the cookie batter into 6 mounds (2 tablespoons of dough each) on each baking tray. Make sure they are spaced using the full capacity of the baking sheet, then spread a piece of parchment paper on top of the dough mounds and press into flat discs, approximately ¼-inch thick and 3 inches wide. To finish the cookie preparation, sprinkle some chopped peanuts onto each cookie and press down slightly.
4. Place the baking sheets in the oven to bake for 20 minutes, until golden-brown, then remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before making the ice cream sandwiches.
5. Make the ice cream sandwiches: remove your pint of Sola ice cream from the freezer and allow to soften for 10 minutes. For perfect-looking sandwiches, use a pair of scissors to cut the paper pint down the side so you have an entire block of ice cream. Use a sharp knife to cut the ice cream into 6 slices. Alternatively, leave the ice cream out for 15 minutes to soften, then scoop 1/6 of the pint between 2 cookies (1 pint should yield enough for 6 sandwiches).
6. Finish the cookies: spread the chopped peanuts and chocolate chips onto a plate and roll the edges of the ice cream sandwiches in the mixture. Serve immediately, or place back into the freezer until needed.
Nutrition facts per serving:
Calories (kcal) 340
Fat (g) 18
Protein (g) 15
Carbohydrates (g) 30
Dietary Fiber (g) 5
Total Sugars (g) 4
Sola Sweetener (g) 18
*Net Carbs (g) 7
*Total net carbs assist you in tracking carbohydrates that impact blood sugars. Dietary fiber and Sola sweetener should be subtracted from total carbohydrates since they minimally impact blood sugar.