-1.5 pounds ground beef (80/20 fat)
-1/2 cup minced carrots
-1/2 cup minced onion
-1/2 cup minced celery
-1 1/2 Tablespoon oregano
-1 Tablespoon Granulated Garlic
-3 cups Italian bread crumbs
-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
-2 cups tomato juice
1. In a mixing bowl rub the beef with the olive oil.
2. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs with seasonings.
3. Pour the eggs into the beef and massage into until combined.
4. Using your hands incorporate the vegetables and mix trough.
5. Slowly add breadcrumbs in intervals until a firm consistency forms and meat mixture holds together firmly.
6. Portion into approximately 1.5 ounce portions and roll into "golf ball" size servings.
7. In a frying pan sear each ball by rolling then remove and place into a shallow baking sheet.
8. Pour tomato juice over the meatballs and cover with foil.
9. Finish in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until meatballs reach internal temperature of 160 degrees.
10. Serve in hoagie, with pasta or by themselves with choice of sauce.