Pimento Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits
Yields 8 biscuits
prep time 15 min
cook time 12-15 min
- Kitchen Aid Mixer
- Paddle Attachment
- Knife/Pizza Cutter/Bench Scraper
- ¼ sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- All Purpose Flour 1 ½ cups + 1 ½ tablespoons
- Baking Powder 2 ¼ teaspoons
- Salt ¾ teaspoons
- Sugar ¾ teaspoon
- Garlic Powder 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Thyme 1 teaspoon
- Butter 6 tablespoons
- Sharp Cheddar ½ cup
- Diced Pimentos 2 tablespoons
- Buttermilk 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line quarter sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the flour through butter. Mix on stir until the butter is cut into the dry ingredients, and only small pieces of butter remain. The mixture will resemble wet sand.
- Stir in cheddar and diced pimentos.
- Add ¾ of the buttermilk and stir on low until JUST combined. Remove the paddle attachment, and finish folding together by hand, adding more of the buttermilk mixture as needed until all of the flour is incorporated.
- Turn the dough onto a well-floured surfaced and form into a rectangle 1 ½ inches thick. Cut into 8 pieces.
- Arrange the biscuits onto the sheet tray.
- Arrange on the quarter sheet pan and bake until golden and cooked through, 15-20 minutes.