Smoked Chili and Rosemary Mustard Salmon with Roasted Eggplant Salad
¾ pound of small variety eggplant (we are using fairy tale)
2 Tbsp. olive oil + more for salad
2 bell peppers
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 ounces feta cheese
2 sprigs fresh oregano, leaves minced
2 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts
Kosher salt to taste
- Slice eggplant into 1” pieces or in half if small enough. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Before the pan gets too hot, add about ¼ cup of olive oil and brown the eggplant slowly, about 15 minutes. Once fully caramelized and tender, remove and place in a bowl. Season with salt.
- Roast the bell peppers by charring the skin under the broiler or on an open gas flame. Once black on the outside, place in a bowl and wrap in plastic to steam. When cool enough to handle, peel away the charred skin and then remove the seeds. Discard the skin and seeds, julienne the pepper and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the bell peppers, tomatoes, paprika, crumbled feta and oregano. Coat with about 2-4 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Add in the roasted eggplant and toss to combine. Sprinkle with pine nuts and serve with salmon.
Smoked Chili and Rosemary Mustard Salmon
2 pounds salmon
3 Tbsp. Chef Alyssa’s Kitchen Smoked Chili and Rosemary Mustard
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix mustard with maple syrup. Lay salmon on a sheet tray and brush with mustard mix.
- Sprinkle with salt and bake in oven 8 to 10 minutes to desired doneness.