Pesto Chevre Bruschetta
- Baguette, sliced thinly on a bias
- Olive Oil for brushing
- 4 oz. Package Goat Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Pesto
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- 1 Onion, minced
- Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- Balsamic Reduction
- Place slices of baguette on a dry baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and toast in oven at 350º until crisp.
- Mix tomatoes and onions together in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Let crostini cool, then spread with a thin layer of goat cheese. Spread a thin layer of pesto on top of goat cheese, then top with a spoonful of tomato and onion mixture. Place bruschetta on serving dish and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
Traditional Basil Pesto
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups lightly packed basil leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoons grilled lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Place pine nuts and garlic in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse until the garlic and pine nuts are well chopped. Add the basil leaves, lemon zest and 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice. Pulse to combine.
- With the processor on, slowly stream in the olive oil through the feed tube until a wet paste forms. Scrape down sides of the bowl of the food processor and pulse again until well combined.
- Add the Parmesan cheese. Pulse one more time. Transfer to a medium bowl and taste for seasonings.