Southwest Chopped Chicken Salad with Peppadew Peppers
Native to South Africa, Peppadew Peppers can be found bottled in the pickle section of the store, or at open olive bars. Smoky Southwest flavors with grilled chicken and corn, with the peppers and chile create a zippy summer salad.
1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 cup fresh Lemon juice, plus 1 teaspoon zest
1 cup Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Wholegrain Mustard
1 tablespoon Honey
Pinch of salt
- Whisk together all ingredients except for the olive oil, slowly whisk in olive oil in a steady stream to emulsify.
4 Chicken Breasts
1/3 cup Balsamic dressing
2 teaspoons Ancho Chile powder
1 teaspoon Salt
- Mix together the seasoning with the marinade and pour over the chicken.
- Allow to marinade at least one hour.
- Preheat the grill, and grill the chicken until cooked through, it can be finished in the oven.
- Allow chicken to cool, slice and shred into bite size pieces.
3 Corn on the Cob
1 cup Black Beans, cooked
1/3 cup Celery, diced
1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1 cups Jicama, shredded
1/4 cup Green Onion, minced
3 tablespoons Cilantro, rough chopped
1/4 cup Peppadew peppers, finely chopped
2 heads Romaine lettuce, shredded
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Ancho Chile Powder
- Pull back the husk from the corn, brush with a little oil and sprinkle with the chile powder.
- Grill, turning frequently, until marked on all sides, but still firm.
- Strip the corn from the cob, allow to cool.
- Toss together all salad ingredients, chicken and enough dressing to coat, enjoy!