Roasted Mushroom Farro
- 1 cup Organic Pearled Farro
- 2 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 tsp kosher salt (for in the cooking liquid)
- ¼ pound cremini mushrooms, washed & quartered
- ¼ pound white button mushrooms, washed & quartered
- ½ onion, macedoine or ¼ -inch small dice
- 1/3 cup good olive oil
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper for roasted vegetables and to adjust seasoning at the end
- 4 ounces fresh baby arugula, washed
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade flat leaf parsley (fine threads – or minced if that isn’t your specialty)
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (unless using a convection oven, then lower)
- Rinse the farro with cold water before cooking.
- Bring the vegetable stock and 1 tsp. kosher salt to a boil. Add the farro; stir, cover and reduce heat to medium low and cook for 20-25 minutes or until all the stock is absorbed by the farro.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss both kinds of mushrooms and the diced onions with the olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a baking sheet. Cook in the preheated oven for 15 minutes (or until mushrooms and onions look browned and cooked).
- In a large bowl, toss the roasted vegetables with the hot farro. Add the fresh baby arugula and parsley; stir to coat and slightly wilt the arugula.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning with the kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.