White Grape & Cucumber Gazpacho with Hickory Smoked Trout
A light and delicate gazpacho, perfect as an appetizer course contrasted with the Sunburst Hickory Smoked Trout. This recipe is dairy free made with freshly made cashew cream, real dairy cream could be substituted.
Active Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 4 hours
1 ½ cups raw Cashew Nuts
2 cups White Grapes washed and frozen
1 large English Cucumber, rough chopped
1 Green Granny Smith Apple, peeled, cored and rough chopped
1 stalk Green Onion chopped
2-3 Tbsp. White Champagne Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 clove Garlic, finely zested
3 Tbsp. Dill finely chopped
½ tsp. Paprika
¼ tsp. Cumin
Sea Salt, to taste
¼ cup White Grapes, sliced
¼ English Cucumber, finely sliced
4 small Dill Sprigs
½ cup Cashew Cream (reserved from recipe)
8oz Sunburst Farms Hickory Smoked Trout, broken in large flakes
Prepare the Cashew Cream:
- Place the cashews in a medium bowl and cover with filtered water and a pinch of salt; leave on the counter to soak for four hours.
- Drain the cashews, and place in a high-speed blender with 1 cup of fresh filtered water and a pinch of salt.
- Blend on high speed for 3-4 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Reserve ½ cup of the cashew cream for garnish.
Prepare the Gazpacho:
- Place all the gazpacho ingredients in a food processor, and process for approximately one minute, until blended but still slightly chunky.
- Taste for seasoning
- Serve in shallow soup bowl, garnish a swirl of cashew cream and top with approximately 2oz of the trout.
- Finish with slices of cucumber, grapes and dill sprigs.
Chef Carol Green, NTP