KANNAPOLIS, N.C. — Products from Two Brothers Pork Skins out of Kannapolis have been recalled across the Carolinas, according to the Food Safety and Inspection Service.
The FSIS said the products were produced without meting federal requirements -- products contain ingredients not listed on their labels.
The products recalled include:
- 16 oz. plastic containers with “TWO BROTHERS DOS HERMANOS CUERITOS PORK SKIN IN BRINE” on the label
- 16 oz. clear, vacuum sealed packages with “TWO BROTHERS DOS HERMANOS CHiCHARRON PRENSADO Fried Pork Skins” on the label
- 15 lbs. clear, vacuum sealed packages with “TWO BROTHERS DOS HERMANOS CHiCHARRON PRENSADO Fried Pork Skins” on the label
The Prensado products contained a number of ingredients not listed on the labels, according to the FSIS. The ingredients not listed are: tomato puree, chorizo powder, vinegar, orange juice, garlic, black pepper, onion and spices.
The recalled products should read “EAST. 40259” inside the USDA mark of inspection.
The FSIS said the items in concern were shipped to a distributor and retailers in both North Carolina and South Carolina.
Officials say there haven't been any confirmed reports of bad reactions after eating these products, but anyone worried about injury or illness is asked to contact a healthcare provider.
Popular on WCNC:
- 'I am truly sorry:' Patriots owner Robert Kraft releases statement after prostitution charges
- This toddler was found in a Florida park. Now the search is on for her parents
- How to get the most out of your credit card rewards and perks
- Charlotte restaurants hit with contamination violations due to raw meats
- Developer mistakenly cuts 200 protected trees in Matthews