CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police are investigating a series of armed robberies that took place across Charlotte early Monday.
Officers were called to a business in the 8700 block of Pence Road near the intersection with Harrisburg Road around 1 a.m. Police said a man robbed the store at gunpoint before leaving the scene.
About an hour later, CMPD was called to an armed robbery at a 7-Eleven store on Mallard Creek Road north of W.T. Harris Boulevard. Police said a man entered the store and robbed the clerk at gunpoint before leaving.
Around 4:30 a.m., officers were dispatched to a business on Clanton Road near I-77 for an armed robbery. CMPD said the suspect robbed the business at gunpoint before leaving.
Just a few minutes after 5 a.m., CMPD was dispatched to a reported robbery at another 7-Eleven in the 2700 block of The Plaza near Drummond Avenue.
No arrests have been made in connection with any of these robberies. Detectives are working to determine if they are related.
Anyone with information about these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.
Popular on WCNC.com
- Grandmother's prayer closet only thing left after tornado demolishes Alabama home
- Can you knit? Local rescue group needs homemade nests for baby birds
- Man shot at Concord Mills mall movie theater
- 'It doesn't feel real' | Community reacts to search for missing Charlotte mother
- Sweet Sixteen: Duke and UNC continue their quests for a national championship