CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police were looking fo a missing southwest Charlotte man.
CMPD received a call Sunday, June 2 that 60-year-old Otis Watson hadn't been seen since May 26. He was last seen in the area of the 200 block of West Arrowood Road near the intersection with Nations Ford Road.
Family members said it was unusual for Watson to not be seen or heard from for such a long period of time. He is described as an older black man with gray balding hair and brown eyes. He's 5-foot-7 and weighs around 160 pounds.
Anyone with information about Watson's whereabouts is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600 or 911.
UPDATE: On June 14 at 8:30 a.m., CMPD said Watson's remains were found in the woods behind a shopping center at 201 W. Arrowood Rd. No foul play was suspected.
POPULAR ON WCNC.COM
- 'This can't be real' | Shelby woman says she's seen Sasquatch in the woods by her home
- Blood pressure medication recall expanded due to cancer risk
- 'I'm never going to feel safe' | 2 armed robberies at same apartment complex in 3 days
- 24-year-old killed in quadruple shooting at graduation party in uptown
- Bill would require NC law enforcement to cooperate with ICE