CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A man has been arrested after police said he robbed two men at gunpoint inside a hotel room in southeast Charlotte earlier this week.
On July 15, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police were called to a reported robbery at the Greenleafe Inn on Monroe Road near Idlewild Road around 10 p.m. When officers got to the hotel, two men said they were robbed by a man with a handgun inside their room.
One of the victims was pistol-whipped by the suspect several times, according to police. Neither man was shot during the robbery.
Detectives identified the suspect as 19-year-old Keontez Dae'Sheaun Wadsworth and took out warrants for his arrest. Wadsworth was arrested Wednesday and charged with armed robbery, attempted armed robbery, two counts of conspiracy to commit robbery and assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.
CMPD said there are no other suspects involved in the case. Anyone with information about this incident or any other crime is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.
TRENDING ON WCNC.COM
- Trump slams congresswomen, crowd roars, 'Send her back!'
- They're charged with murder. Why are they walking free in Charlotte?
- Suspicious van raises fears in Ballantyne after woman's scary encounter
- 24-year-old accused of assaulting CMPD officers arrested 63 previous times
- Dangerous heat wave continues with another day in the 90s