HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. — Crews in Huntersville worked on a break on a gas line Wednesday night. it happened near the intersection of Statesville Road and Stumptown Road.
Fire officials told others to avoid the area, and that the intersection was closed off for a while.
Authorities said there was a strong smell of natural gas, but assured neighbors they are safe.
The gas line was controlled late Wednesday night, Huntersville Fire said.
Popular on WCNC:
- Patagonia plans to limit which companies can put logos on its products
- Dad says middle school is trying to cover up sexual crime
- Homicide investigation underway after two shot, one killed in Charlotte
- Police search near location where body of USC student found
- Lori Loughlin, Felicity Huffman make court appearance in college bribery scandal