KANNAPOLIS, N.C. -- Kannapolis firefighters should serve as a reminder for homeowners.

ID=15816105

The fire broke out around 11 p.m. Friday in the 4800 block of Fieldbrook Drive. Crews arrived to find fire and smoke coming from the chimney.

The flames did $80,000 in damage. Multiple agencies responded to extinguish the flames. No one was hurt.

The cause is under investigation but detectives say it appears to have started in the chimney. The fire department urges residents to clean their chimneys and have all heating equipment serviced before the weather turns cold.