CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Extreme heat has settled in over South Texas and there will soon be a free way to help cool the family off.
All city pools-- Greenwood Pool, H-E-B Pool, Oso Pool, and West Guth Pool--are set to open on Memorial Day Weekend.
The H-E-B Pool is a wonderful choice for younger and inexperienced swimmers with its zero-depth entry pool, fun water features, cabanas, and a party-concession area. The fun water features encourage children to splash in the water and are perfect for play!
Oso Pool is an outdoor pool that offers lap swim and several play features.
The West Guth Pool features a zero-depth entry pool, climbing wall, and splash water features.
Two other city pools are open year round, the Natatorium and Collier Pool.
Admission to the pools is free and lifeguards will be on duty to keep the family safe.
For more information on the city's public pools, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Kingsville toddler orders 30+ cheeseburgers while mom isn't looking
- Nueces County criminal backlog: Cases outpacing resources to prosecute
- Corpus Christi's 'superhero' neighborhood getting online recognition
- TROPICAL UPDATE: Pre-season life in the Caribbean?
- Here's is everything you need to know to vote early in the May 24 primary runoff election
- Flint Hills Corpus Christi East among refineries that polluted above federal limit on cancer-causing benzene last year, report found
- City of Corpus Christi ask the public to begin conserving water
- Corpus Christi is the state's top Gulf Coast destination
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.