ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. — A small earthquake was recorded in Rowan County Monday morning, according to the United States Geological Survey.
The 2.1 md magnitude quake, which has been reviewed by the USGS, occurred at 5:24 a.m. about eight miles northwest of Salisbury. The earthquake had a recorded depth of 0.8 kilometers.
POPULAR ON WCNC.COM
- Mom got upset her 10-month-old would not stand. Police said she's accused of throwing him at a fence
- Legendary actress and singer Doris Day dies at 97
- VERIFY: Was Maleah Davis' mother attending a funeral when she disappeared?
- Child scalded after bottle is filled with hot water at McDonald's
- Amazon offers to pay employees to quit and start delivery business