No matter the purchase, everyone wants to get the best bang for their buck. This especially becomes true when purchasing a home.
Every dollar and square foot counts to get the best home value - and Georgia fares pretty well. A new study ranks the state at No. 9 on list for getting the most home for your money.
GOBankingRates.com based the study off of buying a home for $300,000.
The company said said it used March 2019 data on median list prices - sourced from Zillow - to determine the amount of square footage that $300,000 can buy in every state and the District of Columbia. Taxes and other home-buying costs were not included in the figure.
Here's a look a the stats for a Georgia home.
According to GOBankingRates, the median list prices per square foot in the Peach State is about $119. You can get a little more than 2,500 square feet for $300,000.
The price, however, has steadily increased over the past few years. The website said the median list price per square foot jumped by almost $10 since 2018.
Here's the top 10 list. It's also based off of how much home you can buy for $300,000:
1. Mississippi - 3,207 square feet
2. West Virginia - 3,121 square feet
3. Arkansas - 3,202 square feet
4. Oklahoma - 2,875 square feet
5. Indiana - 2,844 square feet
6. Alabama - 2,827 square feet
7. Ohio - 2,790 square feet
8. Kentucky - 2,599 square feet
9. Georgia - 2,521 square feet
10. Missouri - 2, 519 square feet
And here's a look at the 10 on the bottom of the list:
51. District of Columbia - 556 square feet
50. Hawaii - 570 square feet
49. California - 933 square feet
48. Massachusetts - 1,142 square feet
47.Colorado - 1,213 square feet
46. Washington - 1,286 square feet
45. Oregon - 1,386 square feet
44. New York - 1,452 square feet
43. Rhode Island - 1,454 square feet
42. Montana - 1, 476 square feet
Get more details on GOBankingRates.com