x

Charlotte's Leading Local News: Weather, Traffic, Sports and more | Charlotte, North Carolina | WCNC.com

Gross violations found in Charlotte restaurant kitchens

They also had a black, solid residue on their tea urns where you fill your drink and cold items were too warm.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — If you're tired of Thanksgiving leftovers and head out to eat this weekend, you'll want to make sure you check the health inspection scores of your favorite restaurants. 

It's always good to keep in mind that no matter the letter grade, some restaurants could have some serious violations that can make you sick. 

First up on this week's report is the U.S. Fried Chicken on Sugar Creek Road. One employee was breading raw chicken and then touched the cooler with the same gloves. Any time you handle raw meat, hand washing and gloves changes must be frequent. In fact, they're required. 

They also had cheese and tomatoes holding above 41 degrees, so a lot of it was tossed. And they didn't have any toilet paper available in the women's restroom, that's a problem. 

The grade at U.S. Fried Chicken was an 84.5, that's a B. Click here to view their inspection report

RELATED: Disgusting health violations found in Charlotte restaurants

Next up is the Qdoba at Siskey Parkway in Matthews. An employee was seen touching the garbage and then single-serve items but didn't wash their hands in between. Their tea urn nozzle, where you fill up your cup, was getting some kind of black, solid residue and a lot of their prep items, such as cheese, salsa and tomatoes were getting too warm. Some of those items were as much as 20 degrees too warm, so it was thrown away. 

The grade at Qdoba was an 87.5, that's also a B. Click here to view their full inspection report

RELATED: Charlotte restaurant worker spotted 'elbow deep' in pot of beans during health inspection

Back to Thanksgiving leftovers. Experts say if you're going to have leftovers, make sure to heat that turkey and sides thoroughly. It's not recommended to keep them in your fridge longer than three to four days unless you're going to freeze it. Otherwise, you're risking food poisoning by eating them.