CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The toxicology report for a Rueben Galindo, the 29-year-old killed during an officer-involved shooting after calling 911 himself, revealed he had a high level of alcohol in his system.

According to the North Carolina Chief Medical Examiner's toxicology report released Tuesday, Galindo had an alcohol/ethanol level of .23, or 230 mg/dL, which is well above the .08 blood alcohol concentration limit for driving under the influence.

The report also revealed that Galindo had no drugs in his system at the time of his death.

The autopsy for Galindo, also released Tuesday, confirmed he died from multiple gunshot wounds in the chest and head. The gunshot wounds left Galindo with multiple injuries including rib fractures, lung lacerations, a skull fracture and brain lacerations and avulsion.

According to the autopsy, the gunshot wound to Galindo's head left a large gaping defect and that the wound lacerated his brain.

Galindo was shot and killed September 6 after officers found him armed outside in the parking lot of the Hunters Pointe apartment complex off Sugar Creek Road. Galindo himself had actually called 911 earlier saying he had a gun and requested a Spanish-speaking officer.

When officers arrived, they found Galindo and said he was armed. The officers said they issued multiple commands for Galindo to drop his weapon. When he refused to drop the weapon, officers perceived an imminent threat and shot him, according to CMPD Chief Kerr Putney.

RELATED: CMPD releases body cam footage from fatal shooting of Rueben Galindo (GRAPHIC VIDEO)

RELATED: 'Communication barrier' led to deadly officer-involved shooting

According to CMPD, Galindo's demeanor and vague responses made it difficult for the Spanish speaking interpreter to determine what specific issue he was calling 911 in reference to.

Following the shooting, CMPD released the names of the two officers involved in the shooting. They were Officer Courtney Suggs and Officer David Guerra. The two officers were placed on leave following the shooting.

"He has his hands in his waistband, they (the officers) began giving him verbal commands to raise his hands. At some point, one of his hands is raised, they see a gun — a handgun," Putney said. "They perceived a lethal threat that's imminent, and at least two officers, we know of right now, fired their weapons."

Medic pronounced Galindo dead on the scene, CMPD said. Per department protocol, Officer Suggs and Officer Guerra were placed on administrative leave. Suggs had been employed with CMPD since December 2014 and Guerra since April 2013.

Galindo stated that he had been consuming alcohol and gave conflicting statements concerning whether he had also taken drugs during his 911 call conversation with the Spanish speaking interpreter.