RALEIGH, N.C. — You could soon buy alcohol while enjoying a college sporting event in North Carolina.
The North Carolina Senate approved House Bill 389 Monday in a 33-12 vote. The bill would allow sales of beer and wine at on-campus stadiums and arenas.
According to WRAL, Sen. Warren Daniel of Burke County said the change will cost North Carolina "one of the last family friendly" venues it has. He said the measure should at least include inducements for more law enforcement on game days and required areas where no drinking is allowed.
House Bill 389 now heads to the North Carolina House for another vote before going to Gov. Roy Cooper's desk for his signature.
MORE WAKE UP CHARLOTTE
- Nearly half of young people aren't using deodorant, poll finds
- Eating at some of Charlotte's best restaurants Tuesday will help thousands of kids in need
- North Carolina ranked the best state for a summer road trip
- You could get paid $10,000 to eat barbecue across America
- How to audition for the 2019 Carolina Renaissance Festival