TOKYO, Japan — Evy Leibfarth made her debut at the Olympics on Sunday with a splash when she competed in the Women's K-1 Slalom.
Leibfarth is headed to the canoe slalom semifinals after placing 20th in the heats first run with a time of 125.85 and 14th in the heats second run with a time of 111.70
Leibfarth hails from Bryson City, North Carolina where she grew up paddling along the Nantahala River with her parents. She eventually found herself in Charlotte where she trained full-time at the U.S. National Whitewater Center with her father as coach. At only 17-years-old, Leibfarth has won several awards including 3rd in WK1 and 3rd in WC1 at the 2020 World Cup.
Women's canoe/kayak schedule:
Women's Slalom K-1 Heats 12:50 a.m. EST Sunday July 25
- Women's Slalom K-1 Semi-final and Final 1 a.m. EST Tuesday July 27
- Women's Slalom C-1 Heats 11:50 p.m. EST Tuesday July 27
- Women's Whitewater Slalom Women's C-1 Heats (delay) 6:30 a.m. EST Wednesday July 28
- Women's C-1 Semifinal & Final 1 a.m. EST Thursday July 29
- W K-1 200m, M C-2 1000m, more Heats & Quarterfinals 8:30 p.m. EST Sunday August 1
- Sprint Women's K-1 200m, more 11 a.m. EST Monday August 2
You can catch Evy competing in Tokyo, right here on WCNC Charlotte. Here's how and when you can watch all of the events.