CASTAWAY CAY, The Bahamas — With maximum sustained winds of 180 miles per hour, Hurricane Dorian is now the strongest hurricane in modern records for the northwestern Bahamas.
Its path includes Disney's private island, Castaway Cay.
As of 11 a.m. Sunday, the "catastrophic' Category 5 storm was about 20 miles east-northeast of Abaco Island, which is northeast of Castaway Cay.
The latest update from Disney Cruise Line said the departure of cruise ship Disney Dream will be delayed to Wednesday, Sept. 4, and will be only a two-day cruise.
The ship will leave from Port Canaveral Wednesday and return Friday.
Disney Cruise Line said it expects the Dream to visit Castaway Cay on Thursday depending on how much the island is impacted by Hurricane Dorian.
Guests booked for this trip can get a 50 percent refund on their package and a $250 credit on their stateroom.
Castaway Cay is a private island and an exclusive port for Disney Cruise Line. Disney bought the island in 1997.
Only 55 of the 1,000 acres of the island are being used, but about 60 cruise line permanent residents live there.
What other people are reading right now:
- Hurricane Dorian a 'catastrophic' Category 5 hurricane
- Live blog: The latest, need-to-know information on Hurricane Dorian
- 5 dead, 21 injured in second mass shooting in weeks in West Texas
- There've already been 1,000 reports of suspected price gouging in Florida as Dorian approaches
- Orlando International Airport will now stay open through Dorian
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.