Healthy Eaton Protein Acai Bowl Recipe
1 ripe banana, peeled, cut, frozen
2 unsweetened acai puree packets
2 tablespoons nutbutter (i.e. almondbutter, sunbutter)
¼ cup liquid (i.e. water, coconut water, almond milk)
¼ avocado or yogurt for a creamier consistency
1 scoop collagen peptides
Optional: 1-2 Medjool dates or tablespoons honey for sweetness
1. First, run your frozen acai puree pack under warm water to release the packaging, and whack it on the counter to break it up into a couple pieces.
2. Next, in a food processor or blender (I prefer food processor personally) blend the liquid, frozen banana, and date(s) – if using.
3. Then add your acai packs/pieces, and the remaining ingredients (EXCEPT toppings).
4. Puree until smooth. You might need to stop the blending process to scrape down the sides for a more even puree.
5. Top with whatever fun toppings you'd like! Fun topping ideas: fresh fruit (blueberries, pineapple, raspberries), dried fruit (goji berries, raisins), granola, coconut flakes, bee pollen, cacao nibs, chopped nuts, seeds (hemp, chia, pumpkin), yogurt covered raisins