GASTON COUNTY, N.C. — CaroMont Health broke ground on a new medical facility in Belmont, North Carolina, Tuesday.
CaroMont Regional Medical Center-Belmont will include a 66-bed hospital with a 16-room emergency department, six-room labor and delivery unit, operating rooms and surgical capabilities. The hospital facility will also include a medical office building and parking deck.
Located directly off I-85 near Belmont Abbey College, CaroMont-Belmont will give Gaston County residents another option for treatment. The new hospital will be located on Highway 273 between Caldwell Drive and Beatty Drive, just off Exit 27 on I-85.
CaroMont Regional Medical Center cares for 250,000 patients each year and has seen a very steady increase in patients the last several years. A new hospital will help CaroMont better serve eastern Gaston County and CaroMont hopes to hope the new facility as early as 2023.
Wake Up Charlotte To Go is a daily news and weather podcast you can listen to so you can start your day with the team at Wake Up Charlotte.
SUBSCRIBE: Apple Podcasts || Spotify || Stitcher || TuneIn || Google Podcasts
All of WCNC Charlotte's podcasts are free and available for both streaming and download. You can listen now on Android, iPhone, Amazon, and other internet-connected devices. Join us from North Carolina, South Carolina, or on the go anywhere.
GASTON COUNTY NEWS
- 'Six words ended me up in jail' | Font color on sign led to arrest, tow truck owner claims
- Magic Johnson throws first pitch for Honey Hunters' opening day game
- Several dogs rescued in alleged dogfighting ring in Gaston County
- Gastonia Police working to build trust in Latinx citizens
- Gastonia police say no charges filed following alleged road rage incident